Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Boiler help

On 9/25/2013 8:43 AM, ChloeP wrote:
I recently moved into an older property, from early 1950s, and we've got
an oil burning boiler that's at least 20 years old if not older.
I want to replace it with something more efficient but don't know
whether to go for gas or electric.
I presume electric is more efficient but more expensive, I'm not sure it
evens out in the end.
Also I need recommendations for contractors in the Houston area. I've
searched online and found these guys 'Houston Plumber | Air Conditioner
| Heating Services | Aramendia' (http://www.aramendiahouston.com)
but being new to the area I'd like some actual recommendations before I
start ringing around.

it depends upon your local energy prices. right now, natural gas is
probably cheapest, unless you have enough solar to run your boiler.