Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What kind of grease for a vice or vice-grips?

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:47:56 PM UTC-4, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil and/or:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

or for your vice-grips locking pliers?

A few drops of 5w30, ATF or whatever is handy, as-needed, on the screw.

I got some spray cans of cooking oil from Walmart for weld spatter control, and find myself also using them to keep things from rusting or putting on rusty bolts that do not turn easily. I use Mobil One or ATF when I think it needs real lubrication.

My wife likes to go to tag sales and I pick up spray cans of teflon lubricant and such when I see them at reasonable prices.

Dan