Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Took a guess, fixed my dryer for $30 but don't understand why.

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:06:38 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Safety. It wants to make sure that if because of some other failure the
area filled with gas it wouldn't just try to ignite it and blow up your dryer.

Thanks, but I doubt it. Using time as a means to ensure the gas has
dissipated doesn't seem like a very safe method.

Besides that would imply more intelligence than my very basic dryer has.

I think it's as much or more the age of the dryer as how basic it is.
If the high end models have this kind of logic, if it's been developed
and used, they should use it in all their models, even the cheap ones.
For the sake of safety, morality, and avoiding lawsuits.