Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default What kind of grease for a vice or vice-grips?

"John Doe" wrote in message ...

What kind of grease do you use for your vice (the most common vice
you own) or for your vice-grips locking pliers?

Thanks.

What I use on my VISE is molybdenum disulfide. You can get it at a bicycle
store. They call it (dry slide) I use this on any metal items that have
friction. People that regrind engine cam shafts soak the cams in this
solution then let dry. The Moly coating has a 100,000 pounds per square inch
toughness. This leaves a dry coating of moly on the service. I have also
used it on plastic (nylon?) bearings and they never wear out. Search on your
computer for molybdenum disulfide and see all about it. WW