Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20545 Ignoramus20545 is offline

Default Motorized Knee , Iggy, Anybody? (milling machines guys, notbionics)

On 2013-09-25, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, I've had the Hurco working for a couple months now and I have made a
few parts on it. The splash enclosure works ok on the front and sides, but
I still need to use portable guards to prevent losing coolant over the back
of the enclosure where its lower.

Anyway, I have just done a couple jobs where I had to switch from very long
tools to very short tools. I found myself cranking the table up and down
several times went. I was wondering if you had gotten around to motorizing
your knee crank, and how it worked out?

I motorized my knee crank and made it into one more CNC axis.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...ntrol-to-Knee/