Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What kind of grease for a vice or vice-grips?

Now, that sounds excellent.

I've heard of using a candle to help free stuck
nuts and bolts. Heat it up a bit. light the candle
and drip wax on the threads as it cools. When it
hits magic temp, the wax wicks in and lubes the
threads. I've not yet tried this.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/24/2013 6:52 PM, G. Ross wrote:
I use a nearly saturated solution of paraffin wax in mineral spirits.
It dries into a thin film of wax which is not a dust catcher. Also
use this on my table saw top and lathe ways.