Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default OT Yes the creep keeps rising and you cannot stop it

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

My guess is that in 10 years or less, the majority of vehicles
manufactured will be electric.

I'm not quite that optimistic, but I can envision it happening
within
the next quarter century. With entrepreneurs like Tesla fully
committed to electric vehicle promotion, it will happen sooner than
later. Add onto that the fact that the Tesla *looks damned good*
IMHO,
the electric car field has nowhere to go except up.

That 10 year number comes from the industry itself, not me,
I'm just the messenger.

Lew

Well first Lew, you say "your guess" is that in 10 years or less the
"majority" of vehicles will be electric. Now you say this number comes
from the industry.

That industry naturally will make that claim, it's make it or break it
time. That industry needs an enormous infusion of cash from investors to
be able to mass produce a vehicle that will actually perform and go the
distance and be at least equal in amenities as the much much lower price
vehicles available right now with gasoline/diesel engines.

I hope that 10 years is a realistic and achievable time frame but I don't
see the trend growing that fast. It seems to be growing fast because of
all of the attention it is getting but I am still seeing, in Houston, the
vast majority of new vehicles being equipped with the traditional internal
combustion engine. Many more hurdles will have to be over come before the
"majority of new vehicle buyers make the switch.