Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 6yrold GE Profile Spacemaker mounted microwave, no microwaves

Right off the big cap, is often a high voltage
diode. Those diodes and caps are both known to
go bad. I've replaced several, for people.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/24/2013 9:39 AM, wrote:
Hi...

We have a 6 year-old GE Spacemaker microwave that has stopped microwaving. The fan, lights, turntable, etc all still work - just no microwaves.

a) Is this worth repairing or is replacing the only good option?

b) What would the cost of the tube be, and is this a repair that can be done DIY? I know there's a big capacitor in there I have to watch out for, but other than that?

Thanks
Mark