Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drain valve: sears air compressor 16471

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:28:03 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2013 9:42:56 AM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
Does anyone have a decent setup for a water drain valve for a Sears 16471 compressor? Preferably some kind of foot pedal?

Thanks,

Mike

I bought an automatic drain valve setup that is supposed to bleed off water when pressure drops or something. Bought it at Harbor Freight and it failed in about a week. As an emergency measure (so I could keep working) I had the parts to just add a short hose with a air gun nozzle. I just left it like that for years and manually sprayed out any water once a week or so.

On mine I have a 5/16" copper tube with a ball valve, and a U shape
bend in the tube after the valve, pointing down. I grab a water
bottle, hold it over the end of the tube, and blow it off every once
in a while.