Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wooden patio

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/23/2013 11:58 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It might be spam, but they do discuss the area they serve and where they
are located. Per the home page:

"We began serving the Katy community and from there expanded to serve other
homeowners in Sugar Land, Fulshear and the whole Houston area."

I did miss that. It should be ont he Contact page though. I won't by
from a company that does not give the actual address of the main office.
Nothing is guaranteed, but you are a little less likely to be scammed by a real business.

No argument, but I think there's an element of safety in this case. The
Contact Form does say "Woodlands residents are encouraged to drop by our
office for a consultation at no cost to them." **(More on that statement
later)

While the address of the office does not appear to be listed on the site,
they are inviting people to stop by. I assume that if you were to fill out
the contact form, they would be in touch with you to set up an appointment,
first at their office if that will make you feel more comfortable, and
then, obviously, on-site where you want the patio built.

In this case, I think the issue is more of a web site that is lacking some
information rather than an attempt to scam people. Granted, if you set up
an appointment and they are reluctant to have you stop by to see their
facilities, you would have cause for concern.

** I think that that sentence is kind of a typo. On their home page they
say that the serve a number of towns around Houston, yet they only "invite"
Woodlands residents to stop by. I think that is just sloppy web site design
and that if it was pointed out to them they might have it fixed. I might
even fill out the form and let them know.