Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Stability of 240v supply under FIT tarrif?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Of course a lot of these devices waste power when not a lot is being
generated, and over time I'd suspect this adds up to quite a high amount.
5v is nothing, in any day the mains goes up and down far more than that
amount.
Brian

The inverters in use these days are around 95% efficient. (No transformer)
I think mine uses around 3w on standby.

What are you rambling on about?
The previous poster is entirely correct.
As the power output from PVpanels increases, the voltage at the AC output
terminal of the inverter rises.
So "stuffing the electricity back down the spout " so to speak.
My PV panels causes a rise of around 5volts when on full power.
There is no phase shift, the power factor is around unity at all outputs,
there is no transformer.