Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default how to replace ceiling fan with light?

On 09/22/2013 08:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I would find a switched ground to be... shocking.

But, overall, I remain neutral. This could be a
hot topic.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

On 9/21/2013 11:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
micky wrote:

I think the beautiful old house, complete with a back stairs, I lived
in in college had the wires to the porch light backwards, the switch
in the ground instead of the hot.

The switch in the ground?

Do you mean the switch in the neutral?

I once rented a house that had *carpet* in the big kitchen/dining room
area. yeah, dumb. So I rented a carpet cleaner and was happily
cleaning the carpet... in my bare feet, of course. Was starting to get
a little warm and humid, so I opened the sliding glass door and turned
on the ceiling fan (on pull chain) POW! 120 up my right arm.

Pulled it down & found that the wiring had been apparently hooked up
completely randomly by whoever put it in... @#$%@#$!!! Fortunately
landlord was cool about me fixing stuff once he figured out I knew what
I was doing & wouldn't screw up his stuff.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel