Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Smart Electricity meters - Should I want one

On Sunday, 22 September 2013 10:42:14 UTC+1, Gazz wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

I already have a smart meter. I suppose the main advantage is that in

theory the meter reader doesn't have to work out how to open my gate (he's

failed twice) and I don't have to keep the path to the meter clear of

grape vines etc.

Reading up on them makes me want to get a generator in case my meter is

switched off or hacked. I already have an inverter that seems to work very

well of my car battery.

what's wrong with a couple of 6 inch nails, rubber gloves and a jump lead

if/when they do a remote disconnect?

The hackers will get rich offering "remote re-connect".