Howard Ruttan

Default 202GF, A miracle glue?! - pedantry

"Jay Pique" wrote ...
In the course of learning to work wood, I suppose it would do me good
to learn about adhesives. Any recommended tomes on the subject? I
don't need "all" the science, but I would like to see coverage similar
to that presented in Flexner or Jewitt's finishing books.

You don't really need a book if you read Chapter 9 of the Forest Products
Lab Handbook (link below). It outlines the properties of a properly
prepared surface and discusses, in detail, the fact that glue bonding is
almost entirely a mechanical process rather than a chemical one. It sounds
like several people in this thread may benefit from reading Chapter 9. You
can download it - FOR FREE (the best part)- right he
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/FP.../fplgtr113.htm

--

Cheers,
Howard