Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default OT Yes the creep keeps rising and you cannot stop it

wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 17:33:17 -0500, Leon wrote:
however oil is considerably more environmentally friendly than it has been
in the past and compared to batteries.

I'd argue the ethics of that comment. There maybe more stringent
controls on oil harvesting, but when you get disasters on the scale of
the gulf coast oil spill, the description of "environmentally
friendly" is completely out there.

As opposed to dealing with nuclear waste? Do you think Russia or Japan
would agree?

Running oil rigs in our oceans is a more screwed up act than I could
ever imagine.

It sounds screwed up until you realize that the ocean oozes more oil
naturally than any oil spill on any given day.