Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Yes the creep keeps rising and you cannot stop it

"Leon" wrote:

Never said that oil was cheap, I mentioned that it is cheaper than
the
so called environmentally friendly energy sources.

snip
Agree that we should continue too look, there might be a better
solution in
the future. But now oil is king and will be for decades to come.
Right now
however oil is considerably more environmentally friendly than it
has been
in the past and compared to batteries.

The Koch brothers have got to love you.

They have at least one person who buys the crap they try to
spread around.

Wonder how many so called "dirty" batteries are required to equal
the BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico?

Oil has been "cheap" because it is heavily subsidized, easy to
get and has not been required to clean up the pollution
it creates.

There is no question that electric vehicles are the future; however,
in the near turn, natural gas will be the fuel that transitions from
oil
powered to electric powered vehicles.

Oil and coal are both on stage for their final performances.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Here in SoCal, Nissan has introduced an electric vehicle and seems
to be enjoying some success.

50 years ago, the Japanese invaded the SoCal auto market and had
more than modest success.

Are we poised for a repeat performance?

Time will tell.

Lew