Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT? Home Depot Is Accused of Shaking Down Suspected Shoplifters

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:33:28 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 9/20/2013 3:26 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 21:20:09 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Heck, I DON'T know everything but I know a lot, more importantly, if I
don't know something, I know who to ask.

I would tell my former staff; I don't expect you to know or remember
everything, I do expect you to know where to find the answer.

I had kids working for me and I told them that if they weren't 100% sure
about something it wasn't a disgrace to ask because a **** up is a
mistake that can't be fixed. ^_^

My office door was always open or they could call me. I had a staff
member, with more education on books that kept calling me about things
that were in her post orders.

Finally, and the last time she called me, I said: "Give me three
solutions!" She knew them all, so I said "pick one and make a
decision."

I give anyone that makes a bad decision a chance, because they could
at least make a decision.

I ran a staff member from my office once. Standing there and telling
me how great he was. I sent him back to the convict-wolves and told
him to rub elbows with real criminals. It was the lesson he needed to
learn.