Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Electricity meters - Should I want one

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:34:10 +0100, Michael Chare wrote:

What I need is my own wired in smart meter.

There are a number of "energy monitors" out there. Clip a small
current transformere aound one of the CU tails that connects to a
box, that wirelessly transmits the data to a display unit. Some have
logging built in and computer interfaces so you can see your energy
useage.

I have a CurrentCost unit, works well and is fairly accurate, less
than a unit/day adrift from the real meter. Can have a USB connection
to a computer, it squirts realtime data over that every 6 seconds or
so. It logs stuff itself and periodicaly sends the historical data as
well. This data is in a published XML format so easy to work with.

--
Cheers
Dave.