nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

I cannot help but remember watching a TV interview with one of the judges who retired from your US Supreme Court.

He said that in the entire time he served on that bench with 8 (is it?) other supreme court judges, they were always discussing the various aspects of each case they heard, but he never once heard any one of them raise their voice in anger or insult anyone else's intelligence during those private discussions they had.

I expect that was because all of them knew and understood the law and respected the other's opinion when it came to conflicting aspects of the law.

And, that struck me as an important thing for me to remember.

If those judges can make decisions that are important enough to affect the future of an entire country, why can't we discuss matters of vastly less importance with similar respect and dignity?