Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_2_] Michael Chare[_2_] is offline

Default Smart Electricity meters - Should I want one

I am probably going to change my electricity supplier (i.e. the people I
pay for the supply) to make a small saving.

This has lead me to wonder about smart meters. I would quite like one if
it would provide the data for me to end up with an MS excel graph
showing how much power I use in each hour of the day. Is this likely to
be possible? I don't want to read the meter every hour, I could do that now.

From what I have learnt so far, not all meters are the same, and if you
have one and then change supplier, the new supplier may say that the
meter is incompatible with their systems.

I should say that as a way of life supplying meter readings once a year
and then sorting out the bill is quite good enough for me.

--
Michael Chare