Agki Strodon

Default 202GF, A miracle glue?! - pedantry

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"Agki Strodon" wrote in message

Spaces in glued up joints produce weakness because theres no glue in the
spaces to form a bond.

Now you are showing signs that you might understand the point that I was
trying to make.

You said,

"A roughed up surface holds better than a smooth one because there's more
glue in the between pieces volume, ain't it?"

Roughed up surfaces often cause spaces in the glued up joint. A smooth
surface is Ideal for glue.

That is really debatable, mein Herr. It depends. If the glue can get into
the roughed up spaces, it will be stronger because there will be more glue
in the joint as a result of the increased surface area caused by the
roughening up. The gap causes a weakened area of the joint relative to the
rest of it because there's no glue there. This calls for scientific
investigation!! Roughed up vs. smooth glued surfaces. Aha, something I
know about.

If I do some sexperiments, would anyone want the results?
How would you design the set of experiments? I'll do them this weekend.

Agkistrodon