Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default bathroom shower stall tile grout repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
" wrote:
So if water had gone behind the tile, it will cause the new chalk and
grout to crack open again?.

If the water gets behind the tile, it will soak the wallboard and cause it
to soften. Once the wallboard gets wet and soft, it will move. Tile does
not like to move. Well, actually it's the grout that does like to move.

There are some products that will make grout a little more flexible, but if
the grout keeps cracking, odds are the tile is moving.

BTW...You have used the word "chalk" in both of your posts. I assume you
mean caulk

I don't think I have ever heard of using caulk to fix grout. I've
definitely never heard of using chalk.

Sorry, I meant to say caulk does NOT like to move.