Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Washington, DC

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:54:56 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:30:04 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:32:05 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Yea, they finally used a military armor piercing round which is probably
what CH used to take out the NVA sniper. ^_^

He generally used " Winchester Model 70 .30-06 caliber rifle". I have
no clue as to the round, but I doubt it was an armour piercing round.

... just sayin'

There was a buttload of AP 30-06 ammo floating around the DoD in the
60s, surplus from WWII and Korea. That seemed to be the preference for
GIs because hiding behind something didn't help much.
Most was in M-1 clips, in 20 clip bandoleers packed 20 to a box.

I doubt that is what a sniper would be using tho. They like match
grade ammo although there is nothing to keep the army from loading
match grade AP.

I just got done reading Kyle's second book. They do indeed use AP
rounds (and have for some time).