Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharpening Stones

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:50:25 PM UTC-7, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

No experience with scary sharp personally. I have heard it

mentioned. I thought it was just a process using sand paper and a

flat surface. Is there an actual product?

You just described it. G

The "sandpaper" works better if you use wet/dry since you are working

with metal.

Lew

Yeah so the Work Sharp is just a product that uses the sand paper approach and provides a spinning platform and some angled guides to make it all easy.