Leon

Default Anybody actually seen this new safety device?

"RonB" wrote in message
My son-in-law is a woodworker and a family practice physician. He has

seen
the demo and is concerned this is going to cut in on his business.

Seriously, I know nothing about it. I do know I got cut pretty bad a few
years ago after the saw was turned off. I walked back to the machine to
pick up a piece of cutoff and didn't notice the blade was still spinning.

doubt if this would protect us from this kind of stupidity.

I did the almost same thing almost 16 years ago. I e-mailed the Saw Stop
people a couple of years ago and they indicated that the device will work
even if the power to the motor has been turned off.