Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default ways to make windows translucent, temporarily?

They used to use good old whitewash or similar and then wash it off
afterwards.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Al N" wrote in message

Hi all,
I've taken over a building that I want to use as a workshop and will later
want to use it to a dwelling. While I am using it as a workshop, I'd like
to make the windows translucent so that inquisitive poeple can't see
what's
inside. If it were a dwelling, I'd simply use net curtains, but that is
not
a practicl option while I'm using it as a store/workshop. I wondered if
anyone knows any other temporary methods of making a window translucent
cheaply and temporarily. I'm reluctant to use any self-adhesive vinyl,
because I don't know how long I will be using the building as a workshop.
guess that vinyl could become hard to remove after it has been sun-baked
for a few years. I wondered about using vaselene, but I think it might
attract airborn dust/bugs, etc. Can anyone offer any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Al