Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Great Stuff foam tips

I've just pitched out a couple old cans of GS "waterfall
filler, pond and stone". Green can, got them cheap at
Real Deals Dollar Store, a couple years ago. Cost me a
dollar to... throw them away.

Thanks for the reminder, the other stuff. You're likely
right, wrong type of GS for the job.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/19/2013 9:13 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"One friend foamed around his storm door jamb. The expansion was such,
that the storm door didn't close after that. The jamb pushed in."

Throughout this thread we have been speaking of Great Stuff as if it's a
single product. As I'm sure you know, Great Stuff is actually the name of a
product line consisting of at least 6 different types of foams, each
designed for a specific application.

One such product is Great Stuff Window & Door. The description on their
website says that it uses a "Proprietary low-pressure formula designed not
to bow bend (sic) window and door frames".

I have used GS W&D on multiple windows and doors and never had a problem
with bowing of the frame or jamb. When the foam expanded, it expanded
outward, not sideways.

Perhaps your friend used the wrong product.