Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default close call

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:48:28 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
Even careful people can get burned.

I was back in the shop tonight, just a few minutes ago my hand almost

hit the TS blade.

I was prepping some wood, and threw the offcut in the bucket, but it

missed. I didn't know it landed one step away. I left the saw running

while I went to pick up the next piece to rough cut. And that's when I

stepped on the offcut rolled my ankle and wound up with my hand inches

from disaster.

Some of you may say I should have shut it, but when doing a lot of rough

cutting I just grab the next piece... but I get it.

Too close for comfort.. My ankle will be sore tomorrow... when the

adrenaline stops pumping.

--

Jeff

That will wake you up in the morning.