Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default ways to make windows translucent, temporarily?

In article , Al N
writes

Hi all,
I've taken over a building that I want to use as a workshop and will later
want to use it to a dwelling. While I am using it as a workshop, I'd like
to make the windows translucent so that inquisitive poeple can't see what's
inside. If it were a dwelling, I'd simply use net curtains, but that is not
a practicl option while I'm using it as a store/workshop. I wondered if
anyone knows any other temporary methods of making a window translucent
cheaply and temporarily. I'm reluctant to use any self-adhesive vinyl,
because I don't know how long I will be using the building as a workshop. I
guess that vinyl could become hard to remove after it has been sun-baked
for a few years. I wondered about using vaselene, but I think it might
attract airborn dust/bugs, etc. Can anyone offer any other ideas?

Not all the window films use adhesive, I think you can get ones that
work by exclusion of air and damp application, a bit like some road tax
holders.

Alternatively, drafting film (ether paper of plastic based) works for
this and you can hang it on net curtain type spring cord if you like. A0
size should be big enough and prob under a quid (or maybe I'm out of
date).
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .