Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharpening Stones

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:04:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
.. I have a pocket diamond stone I use for the pocket knife, and misc. I see they also make 2 1/2 X 8 inch "stones" for planes and chisels. Has anyone used these diamond stones, and how did it work. All comments will be appreciated!

Rich.....

They work great. I from time to time I use a DMT set for my sharpening needs, and always use a diamond rod to sharpen my pocket knives which I use as woodworking tools.

When I was turning a lot of wood I used to use the little EZE Lap paddles they sold at Woodcraft. They went from coarse to extra fine, and you could get a shaving edge on a chisel with a little practice.

They are great.

Robert