Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharpening Stones

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

I did lots o' research and study and nearly took the plunge into the
whole wet stone business so I could feel like a pro. However, ended
up with a Work Sharp machine and now never have a dull chisel. Can
do a 30 second quick touch up with no stones to manage and have also
refurbished a badly chipped chisel with a slow bench grinder then
work sharp.

"David" wrote:

Agree. I got a worksharp last Christmas and sharpened everything in
sight. Maybe not quite as good as the best water stone but you'll
use it a lot more often because it's less hassle. As Sonoma pointed
out, you can use the Worksharp in less time that it takes to get the
stones out and place the chisel in a sharpening jig. Consequently
your chisels are, on average, sharper and in better shape.

A question.

With it's low cost and excellent results, where does the ScarySharp
system fit into your collective evaluations?

Lew