Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Deck Repair w/Trex (and link to jpg)

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Is there a gentler alternative that makes sense? Obviously, just not
putting nails through the beam is one possibility (though it wouldn't
be as strong, and it might not be as nice if the beams move). Is
there a suitable screw or another suitable nail, etc? Related
thoughts?

Were none of the other suggestions that folks submitted workable for you
Bill?

Any of them may have worked. I decided to go with the joist-hanger
approach, partly because I've never used them before--and it's been a
learning experience. Didn't you notice the more-authoritative way I
started using words like "beam"? ; )