Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default close call

Even careful people can get burned.
I was back in the shop tonight, just a few minutes ago my hand almost
hit the TS blade.

I was prepping some wood, and threw the offcut in the bucket, but it
missed. I didn't know it landed one step away. I left the saw running
while I went to pick up the next piece to rough cut. And that's when I
stepped on the offcut rolled my ankle and wound up with my hand inches
from disaster.

Some of you may say I should have shut it, but when doing a lot of rough
cutting I just grab the next piece... but I get it.

Too close for comfort.. My ankle will be sore tomorrow... when the
adrenaline stops pumping.

--
Jeff