Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Finishing "Hardwood" floor

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

Last weekend I sanded out and stained a 100+ year old
straight grain Fir floor in a room about 12 x 12. I have
some water based satin poly to lay down this weekend.
Everything I read says use a pad. At Home Depot the best
I could find was a 7" wide pad with a holder than can be
attached to a typical roller pole. It has foam as a base
like a typical foam brush which is covered by about 1\4"
thick pad of a micro fiber type material.

Anyone have experience doing this? Does this sound like
the right equipment?

I've used similar but not on floors. Mine is covered with a material sort
of like plush?mohair/velvet...vertical fibers maybe 3/16 long, close
together but not densly so. It works well.

There are similar commercial devices that are much wider.

--

dadiOH