Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default New Generac Liquid Cooled Generator discharges batteries

"Julio Rey" wrote in
message roups.com...
We purchased a new Generac Stand-by liquid cooled generator, got installed
by same certified electrician that did my neighbor's generator. The unit
worked fine during testing, but failed to perform the weekly self-start.
Upon inspection the panel, it was also blank - no power.
We returned the NEW battery, got a NEW replacement, and the unit started
right away.
I inspected the panel a few days later, and it was emitting a "Check
Battery" message.
Called Generac South (a servicing dealer for our area), the technician
came, but could not find the problem - claimed that it probably was a
"vapor lock" that stopped the alternator from charging the battery.
Does anyone else is experience this problem?
Hondo

The ONLY 'vapor lock' in this story is the one between the 'tech' ears.

That said. Run a parasitic current leak check on the battery. Second
question is there a standby charger powered by the house mains?

An aside I'm not at all impressed with Generac equipment.