Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Uh Oh, metal related. Gluing glass to metal?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 18 Sep 2013 04:22:37 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

wrote:

Ouch! They aren't giving those away, are they?

Nope -- but they were around $500-$900 in the late 1960s. which
would be several K these days. Hamfests are better than eBay -- but
you
have to wait longer to find what you want. :-)

I'm liking that new Chiwanese $50 p/s better already.

I haven't found any problems with this locally-bought PS-305DM yet. On
the 1A range it resolves to 1mA, which is nice for testing ham-fest
surplus power components and reforming electrolytic caps. It can be
set to within 1mA, or ~20mV, with the fine adjust knobs. Between it
and the 1KV megger I'm well equipped to check out the surplus stuff I
buy for my alternative energy experiments.

One of my lab supplies, maybe the Russian switcher, wasn't too happy
measuring the resistance of a transformer winding that acted like a
large choke and confused its current regulation, but it apparently
wasn't damaged.

jsw