Pat Barber

Default First day with Kreg Rocket Jig Pocket Hole System

Not without a clamp....

You can get lucky on occasion but clamps are the correct
and recommended method.

By the way... putting the screws in by hand is a tad easier
in some cases. This also cuts down on "spin-out" of screws.

Mac Cool wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention is the tendency for the screw to push the
joint. Sometimes it seemed the harder I tried to clamp the pieces, the
worse the creep. I had the best luck just holding the pieces in place with
my hands. Having read warnings in this group, I was somewhat prepared for
it. I suppose with a little more practice I'll be able to nullify the
creep all the time.