Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default A new impossible problem

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:30:53 PM UTC+12, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:58:34 AM UTC+1, Matty F wrote:

On Sunday, September 8, 2013 2:21:46 AM UTC+12, Gazz wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message

Matty F wrote:

I need to clean and repaint the back wall of the house.

The wall is about 4 metres high and 2 metres off the ground. It's 6

metres wide.

http://i43.tinypic.com/29c1fmr.jpg

There was some rot to cut out and fix new timber. Can't do that from a distance.

I have just waterblasted one half using my scaffolding that I made out of ladders:

http://i39.tinypic.com/rhl7oy.jpg

Ready to sand and paint tomorrow if it's fine!

I did use plywood over the plastic roof. That is excellent and could easily stand having ladders on it.

I trust that lot's tethered somewhere. Otherwise if you push on the wall, over the scaffolding goes.

As I said before, the ladders are bolted to the house framing with 120mm bolts.