Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default A new impossible problem

On Sunday, September 8, 2013 2:21:46 AM UTC+12, Gazz wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message

Matty F wrote:

I need to clean and repaint the back wall of the house.

The wall is about 4 metres high and 2 metres off the ground. It's 6

metres wide.

http://i43.tinypic.com/29c1fmr.jpg

Below the wall is clear plastic roofing that cannot be walked on or

ladders rested on.

Get someone with one of those remote controlled quadrocopters, attach a long

handled paint brush to the bottom of it, and get the 'operator' to fly it

from the paint can, to the wall, then fly up and down the wall between each

trip back to the paint can

There was some rot to cut out and fix new timber. Can't do that from a distance.
I have just waterblasted one half using my scaffolding that I made out of ladders:
http://i39.tinypic.com/rhl7oy.jpg

Ready to sand and paint tomorrow if it's fine!
I did use plywood over the plastic roof. That is excellent and could easily stand having ladders on it.