Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Lies ! Lies ! It's all lies I say ... !

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 02:29:45 +0100 Arfa Daily wrote :
In which case, governments shouldn't be being conned into placing so much
faith in it for the purposes of setting policy and levying taxes. Perhaps
they ought to make some large corrections to the amounts of money that they
are extorting from us by way of these green taxes, and give us a bunch of
money back ...

A successful green tax doesn't make any money. Rather it changes people's
behaviour so that they don't have to pay it. It happened c.2001 when company
car tax was changed to be CO2 based. The Daily Mail (who else) carried wild
stories as to how people would be bankrupted by the change. What actually
happened IIRC is that BMW et al added low CO2 diesel versions to their range
and within a couple of years company car tax was raising less than before the
change. My last two UK cars were Honda Jazzs chosen because they fell in the
15% tax bracket.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com