Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_4_] Tegger[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Washington, DC

nestork wrote in
:

Oren: Yeah that last map of Washington and the District of Columbia was
what I imagined it was like. A city located within a larger District.
I just wasn't aware that since the District of Columbia was established,
the City had grown to fill the whole District. But I know that now.

If I ever visited Washington, I'd probably go to the Smithsonian Museum.

MuseumS, plural. The Smithsonian has many buildings, all of them great.

I don't know if the National Zoo is part of the Smithsonian complex, but
you can skip that one (I swear the animals get better grub than the
people).

it's a museum of everything. It's one of the world's best museums, if
not the best based on the size and diversity of it's collection. But,
why would I go to Washington when I could go to Florida, California or
Hawaii?

'Cause the Smithsonian buildings are absolutely great. Insanely great. And
DC has loads of superb restaurants. Then there are the attractions in VA,
such as Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Virginia Beach, the stuff in
Richmond I mentioned before. Plus I find the place physically beautiful,
especially as you go further south.

You can go to ALL the places you mention, and I have. Several times. They
all have different attractions for the tourist, so why not partake of them
all?

--
Tegger