Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Gas Pipe into property using old steel pipe.

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Vir Campestris vir.campestr
lid scribeth thus
On 17/09/2013 00:19, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 19:04:41 +0100, polygonum wrote:

My experiences of gas leaks over the past five to ten years suggests to
me that they have absolutely no idea where a huge proportion of gas
goes. They might know to the kilowatt hour exactly how much they push
down the pipes - and then they lose track of it.

When I worked for British Gas "Central Control", we'd vent cubic
*kilometres* of gas from offtakes when undertaking pigging runs. The CAA
had to be informed, as planes flying overhead could conceivably crash ...

I guess no-one cared about global warming back then?

Andy

How did they manage not to set light to a kilo square gas cloud that
would have made an atomic scale bang surely;?..

I'm guessing they actually flared it off rather than releasing it unburnt
but that is just a guess.

Tim