Posted to alt.home.repair
Jennifer Murphy[_2_] Jennifer Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default How to seal a mouth guard?

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:36:34 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Jennifer Murphy wrote:
Here's my question. Is there a material that I can use to seal the whole
device? I'm thinking of some type of acrylic that would seep into all of
the cracks and form a barrier to the bacteria getting back in there. I'd
soak it in alcohol to kill the bacteria than apply the seal.

Whatever it is would have to be safe to have in my mouth every night.

Since you use it only at night, why not soak it in an alcohol mouth wash
during the day?

I tried that and it mostly works, but it's messy and inconvenient. It
also tastes bad. And I think I remember asking the dentist about it and
was told that alcohol is not good for the plastic. I also tried soaking
it in a dental antibacterial rinse. Still messy.