Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Why did we need to trim T1-11 to get it to fit?

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 20:17:28 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:40:23 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Has anyone else run into this issue? Was the extra wood just poor quality
manufacturing? Is it fairly common?

Maybe, yes and no?

I've seen T&G flooring that had a poor groove, because of a sliver of
wood left in the groove from the factory.

From that lesson, it is a good idea to check / inspect the edges of
T&G.

YMMV

I assume you mean that we should check the edges of ship-lap products also.

T1-11, as far as I know, is always ship-lap, not T&G. I could be wrong, but
if I'm not, then any "tongue" on the edge of T1-11 is nothing more than bad
manufacturing.

Is this what you call T1-11 ( with T&G )?

http://www.mispress.com/wp-content/uploads/T1-11-siding.jpg

If not, I withdraw my comment.