Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike[_7_] mike[_7_] is offline

Default Plaster flatness guides

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:41:16 PM UTC+1, andrew wrote:

Looks like a depth gauge bead - Catnic make them, so should be obtainable from builders' merchants. These people list them, but only in 50s on the website:

Thanks for that. I thought they might have another name but didn't know what it was. Will ask in Selco the next time I'm in there. I had a quick Google using the new name and found a few references on plasterers' forums. Most of them seemed to think they were the work of the devil and that you should make your own plaster screeds - although it seems they're commonly used in Germany.

One small advantage of the Wickes ones though (which I discovered from a helpful staff member were made by Knauf and dropped by Wickes through lack of sales) was that they were only 3mm which meant you could stick 'em on the high points and not lose another cm of room / use another bag of plaster.