Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Gas Pipe into property using old steel pipe.

On 16/09/2013 14:16, Muddymike wrote:

Don't for one minute think I am recommending this course of action but I
did know a guy some 40 years ago that found a pipe just like the one you
describe in the basement of an old house he had just bought. A few
months later he had full gas central heating and hot water running off
it. He lived there for at least ten years and never did get a gas meter!

:¬)

Perish the thought...
Got an engineer booked in got a Live/Dead check on the weekend.
The original street pipe was replaced with plastic one last year so I'd
have hoped they might have hooked all properties at the time rather than
now have to come and dig the road back up to connect the occasional house.
Time will tell.

Cheers
Pete@