J. Clarke

Default German Glue - ca. 1944

Agki Strodon wrote:

Anybody remember the name of a wood airframe German fighter airplane
developed around 1943-44 that had two engines? As I recall from the
History Channel, it was supposed to be a terror in the air but the Germans
couldn't put it into production because the vibration shook the wood
joints apart unless they used a special glue. The factory that made the
glue was bombed, the formula burned up in the fire, and the glue chemists
apparently killed in the attack.

Sounds like the Messerschmitt 328 twin pulsejet.

Wasn't the only wooden aircraft in WWII, though. The British Mosquito was
for a while during WWII the fastest airplane in the world, and I believe
the only high performance wooden aircraft of WWII to go into volume
production. The German Go.220 twin turbojet would have been a terror if it
had been developed in time, but the factory was captured just as they were
getting ready to start production. Then there were the He 162 variants.

Agkistrodon

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)