Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Understanding Cordless Mower SLA Battery State

On 9/15/2013 11:23 PM, wrote:
I have a cordless lawn mower with 2 12V sealed lead acid (SLA)
batteries. The batteries are not charging properly, but what I am
trying to understand is why when I test the batteries voltage without
any load they read a positive voltage, but when I pull the switch
(which would turn the motor on if there was enough charge) the
voltage goes negative.

Does this suggest any additional problems with the mower or is that
something normal?

Thanks, Jeff

How old is the mower and/or batteries? The batteries only last so long
and will fail prematurely if not properly cared for. ^_^

TDD