Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] teaspoonrack@gmail.com is offline

Default O/T: GUN CONFISCATION IN CANADA! (fixed broken link)

Were the fire arms returned? As far as we can prove, yes. but many questions remain unanswered. Houses left intact are easily explained. Houses destroyed - totally or partially - are still an unknown entity - not to mention "your stuff goes missing without your permission". Does it really matter if the thief is wearing a uniform or not?

If the ammunition is in a house that is burning, the danger is minimal as long as the round isn't chambered (well over 10 years on our local FD). The brass casing with split long before any projectiles become a concern. If the house is fully involved, what are you going to save?

The story we got for confiscation was the "looters stealing guns" malarkey.... After the furball in Slave Lake, I am worried as to why they felt repeating the exercise in High River was a wise move.