Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Fire Extinguishers - when need to replace?

On 9/15/2013 4:59 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:27:37 PM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,

I take it to service center for annual check up. If needed they'll

recharge it. Local code requirement.

Thanks everybody. I should do SOMETHING because it's hard to believe that a
FE literally DECADES old could still be good. But then what do I know?

Also, you-all are right about one is not enuff. Tx!

Kidde Web site says if in green still OK, but it's really old. No Help available on Kidde site. No local service listed. Not helpful site.

Trying to find general FE service center only one listed.

What do you mean by "local code requirement"? Who has this? Fire Department? Or City?

HB

At work I have a local company inspect the FE every year. It is an OSHA
requirement. I forget the details but every X years it has to be
pressure tested and refilled. The cost is reasonable, much less than a
new unit.

In our case, we have about 40 units so they come to us, but you can take
yours to them. Check the yellow pages for fire equioment.